I'm David McBryan And Welcome To Paintballer.
I'm a 37-year-old Weekend Paintball Warrior who lives outside Austin, Texas with my wife and 11-year-old son.
I've been playing paintball 10-12 times per year for the last 20 years with the same group of guys, both speedball at a local spot and woodsball at a private field a buddy of mine owns.
We even play airsoft from time-to-time. (I have a small collection of replica airsoft pistols that I like to show off!)
I created Paintballer in early 2020 for two reasons:
- My son is just getting into paintball.
- The COVID-19 pandemic left me at home with a lot of free time on my hands!
What will you find on Paintballer?
How-To Resources for Beginners
Because my son is just getting into the sport, most of my effort has gone into creating the best beginner paintball guides on the web.
If you're just getting into paintball, here are a few pieces of recommended reading to get you started.
- How To Play Paintball: High-Level Overview
- How Much Does Paintball Cost? 35 Potential Expenses (+ Low-Cost Options)
- 21 Paintball Rules For A Fun, Pulse-Pounding Day On The Field
- 3 Types Of Paintball Guns (Pros, Cons & Which Is Right For You?)
- 26 Paintball Strategies & Tactics: Improve Your Game Today! (Beginner & Advanced)
What else does Paintball have?
Picking the right gear is hugely important but can be overwhelming if you're just getting started.
To make things simple, I've put together a few easy-to-digest roundups of my favorite paintball gear.
- 11 Best Paintball Guns (Best For Speedball, Best For Value & Most Reliable)
- 17 Best Airsoft Pistols (Spring, CO2, Green Gas, GBB & NBB)
- 11 Best Airsoft Sniper Rifles (Including a Beastly Full-Auto Rifle With 5,000-Round Mag Capacity)
For most equipment, like paintball markers above, I've tried to pick the best item for different situations, like best for woodsball, best for speedball, or best bang for your buck. That way you can zero in on the best gun (or whatever) for your situation.
Paintball and airsoft are awesome sports with great communities, and I'm excited to share my 20 years of experience with you here on Paintballer.
See you on the field!